September 7-9, 2018 | with Serena Arora & Kevin McQuillan
Everybody wants relationship success. We all desire greater levels of connection and intimacy. We want to use our voice to feel heard and understood, as well as help those around us to feel the same. And yet, sometimes we can find ourselves trapped in habitual communication patterns that leave us feeling overwhelmed, devalued, and unheard. And, despite our best intentions for deeper levels of connection, we are left feeling defensive, hurt, misunderstood and even more disconnected in our relationships.
In today’s world, we are engaging with more people than ever before, yet we struggle to fully relate to ourselves and to others. We are sharing boundless information broadly, and yet fail to actually communicate effectively at times.
At Swastha Yoga, we believe that real communication is a creative process and, from our perspective, an art. Relating to others is engaging with others with compassion and fullness in your listening, as well as increased precision and power in your speaking. It is feeling aligned to your personal values while connecting with others more effectively, passionately, and powerfully. This is the Art of Relating.
During this weekend workshop, we will explore multiple aspects of communication, current patterns that shape what we perceive and how we respond to others, as well as experiential practices, group discussions, and therapeutically dynamic yoga practices that support improved quality and connection in our personal, professional and intimate relationships.
- Reveal your personal sabotage strategies that limit your effectiveness in relationship – why these once worked and how they no longer serve you
- Identify the coping mechanisms you use to deal with emotional distress and learn how to establish habits that are aligned with your values
- Explore societal gender-related messages that impede connection and define your relationship within feminine and masculine qualities of communication
- Gather insight into why you do the things you do, understand and appreciate different communication styles, and improve your ability to interact with people more effectively
- Identify relationship stages and practices that support intimacy, differentiate between intimacy versus sex and how to have both
Price: $199 Before August 1st • $239 After